Friday, May 29, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted

It seems like everywhere I turn, I see flowers blooming. Wal-Mart, Lowe’s and local nurseries seem to be selling flowers and potting soil and having sales to promote them. It’s spring and along with the season comes new growth. The first time I heard the phrase, “Bloom where you’re planted” was from my stepmother, Susan. This was the theme for her Ladies Brunch on Mother’s Day. Since then, I’ve heard it again – at our regional women’s conference and retreat, which was a couple weekends ago. It stirred me the first time I heard it, but it’s been on my mind again since hearing it again.

More than ever, I want to bloom where I’m planted. I want to thrive and grow because I know there is a place for each of us to do what The Lord has called us to do. Are you blooming where He’s planted you?

No comments: