Sunday, June 7, 2009

Handle With Care

About a month ago I noticed that my engagement ring had a rough place on one of its prongs. My ring has a setting with several prongs grouped together, which was part of its appeal to me. I felt that my diamond would always be safe and protected. I was more careful with my ring, and even talked to Matthew about taking it to a jewelry store. I took it to a goldsmith about a week later. He was trying to fix the prong that had been bent. During this process, the entire “head” (prongs and diamond) popped off. He was shocked, I was shocked and Matthew was definitely shocked. After I made a few calls, I found that there was a store in Omaha that was owned by the store where Matthew bought my ring. Thankful for this new information (I had called the store in TN to ask if they had a store near us, they said, “no”) I took the ring to the store – right away! They were very helpful and were quick to action. Although I didn’t want to leave my ring there, I knew that it needed to be fixed and because of this, I could be without it for a few days. Until it was fixed, I continually looked down at my hand and even though I was wearing my wedding band, it just didn’t feel right.

As our second wedding anniversary approaches (June 9), I am reminded of that sacred covenant we made with one another. Through this process with my ring, I have become more aware of the symbolism it holds. I want to protect my marriage so it will be strong and stand the test of time. I am so thankful for the gift that God brought into my life when he allowed my path to cross Matthew’s.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MATTHEW!
I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi Jenn! I think it's incredible that you are your husband are getting ready to celebrate 2 years, and that your ring as a symbol still represents something so important to you! I think we've both seen our fair share of people that only think of it as jewelry and never really take time to think about the relationship!!!! I know that the Lord has placed people in NB that need to hear that and see that in you two! Blessings!!!