Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hats off to MOM

Growing up, my mom was "Mrs. Church Event Organizer Extraordinaire" and I recall one mother/daughter banquet in particular where everyone wore hats and the theme was "Hats Off To Mom". She was always thinking up catchy themes with exciting decorations. Everyone in attendance was to sport a hat. She always told me, "You can decorate any room (cheap) with balloons." I used that tidbit in some of my shower decorating and they do brighten a room.

I guess I'm posting this to honor all the women in my life who have impacted me; whether they realized it or not. I have so many incredible women in my life who continue to teach me about life, marriage, love and happiness. I am thankful for a wonderful mother who left a wonderful legacy for me. She also loved me even when I was being a brat and taught me how to be a lady and preacher's wife without even knowing that I was learning those things. Susan, my stepmother, has become such a wonderful confidant in my life and someone I love dearly. The Lord brought an incredible Mother-in-law (love) into my life and she has treated me as one of her own. My aunts, cousins, grandmothers, and my sister-in-law also set the right example for me, while loving and supporting me. I can't even begin to name the additional women (one by one) who have impacted me, but I strive to never let an opportunity to thank them and tell them what they mean to me pass by.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: