Monday, September 22, 2008

Since the move....

I was trying to think back and recall all the things we’ve done since moving to Omaha. I don’t want to bore anyone with all the details, so I thought I’d recap in a few bulleted points (I love lists, by the way).

- Traveled to several regional (IA/NE) churches where Matthew preached
- Conference in St. Louis – got to see friends (yay!)
- Went to San Antonio, Texas for the General Assembly of our denomination
* Saw friends and family – great week!
- Gotten settled into our apartment (most boxes have been unpacked)
- Began meeting with the church plant (8.26.08) at our apartment complex’s clubhouse

- Helped Matthew with the planning of our Regional Fall Lock-in for teens (9.26.08)
- Found Ulta (a hair, beauty, and salon superstore – the salon I used in SC)!
- Discovering lots of neat places around Omaha to shop, eat and spend time
* Buffalo Wild Wings – Matthew’s a happy man
* Village Pointe
* Cheesecake Factory, Charlestons, Jason’s Deli (2), Hector’s
- Meeting new people!
- Went to TN
* For meetings
* Celebrated Matthew’s birthday (9/16)
* Saw family and friends


So, to sum it up….we’ve been pretty busy getting settled and beginning our ministry in Omaha.

3 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I'm so gald you started a blog to stay in touch!!! Sounds like you have been BUSY!!!! I can't wait to read more :)

Meagan said...

Yaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad you started this!

Jules said...

Yay, I'm so glad your a fellow blogger now! I look forward to reading all about your new ventures in NEB!!! Love you!